OIT offers digital VoIP customers the ability to place a one way “voice announcement” to a pre-determined group of Cisco digital VoIP telephones. This service does not work with analog devices. SA Announce is a third party application that works hand-in-hand with your digital Cisco VoIP phone utilizing the built in speakers to broadcast your voice through the phone system. SA Announce must be configured and programmed by OIT before this feature is available for use.
- There is no cost to users to establish an SA announce paging group to a pre-determined list of phones.
- Normal time to provision service is (5-7) business days from receipt of all required information.
This feature (if programmed on your phone) allows users to place a one-way voice announce through the phone. When a phone page is placed, programmed phone speakers activate and the announcement is broadcast across them.
- With the handset in cradle, dial “22#”
- Pick up the handset to broadcast your announcement
- Hang up handset when complete.
*(NOTE) – IF YOU PLACE A CALL ON HOLD & NEED TO PAGE,
YOU MUST PICK UP THE HANDSET FIRST, THEN DIAL “22#”
To request, change, or delete select voice services, or to report Telecommunication service issues, please submit a request through either the OIT or DHTS service desks. Please include these items when requesting SA Announce:
- Department requesting service
- On-site contact name and phone number
- Provide list of individual digital phone numbers to be included in each group
- There can be no more than (80) devices in a single paging group. If you have more than (80) phones you will need to identify which paging group the phone should be associated with.