Wi-Fi VoIP Telephones
These mobile handsets use the existing Duke Wi-Fi network and provide users the ability to place and receive multiple calls away from their desks.
- University and Health System departments can purchase Cisco 8821 Wi-Fi VoIP telephones by submitting a request to their respective service desks.
- This device is not covered under the allocated rate structure. Departments are responsible for the purchase of a replacement device if the unit malfunctions or is damaged.
- Normal lead time from fiscal approval is (15) business days but can be more based on equipment lead time and availability.
- To request services contact the DHTS or OIT service desks.
This link will take you to the Cisco web page with more information about this unit.
- These devices are purchased by the department either through DHTS (Health System) or OIT (University).
- Current digital monthly phone line allocation expense applies per unit, unless this is a companion phone to an existing desk phone.
- A (1) or (3) year warranty can be purchased for each device.
- OIT/DHTS does not keep spare equipment on-hand or repair these devices.
- If an existing unit requires service, submit a ticket through the proper service desk (DHTS/OIT).
- Individual or multi-unit charges can be purchased. The 6-unit multi-charger stations w/power cords + AC adapters/each unit can charge (6) phones + (6) spare batteries simultaneously.
- Standard batteries last up to 9.5 hrs. talk time and 180 hrs. standby.
- Extended batteries last up to 13 hrs. talk time and 240 hrs. standby.