Call Recording (Zoom)
Zoom call recording allows authorized users to search and listen to digitally recorded telephone calls. These recorded conversations are stored on the Zoom server at a remote location and are accessed via the Zoom URL . Secure access is granted to individuals that can listen to calls. Recordings can be sorted by phone number, date, time of day & description. You can access recorded calls, listen to and e-mail these to yourself in a (.wav) file format. Secure access to Zoom must be provisioned and grant in order to view and listen to recorded calls.
*DHTS is responsible for end user billing. Contact the DHTS Service Desk for the current price structure.
Normal time to provision service is (5-7) business days from receipt of all required information below.
- Department requesting service including contact name and phone number
- List of users that require access to listen to recorded calls. Provide name and NetID
- List of all phone numbers to be recorded
- MAC address of all digital phone devices to be recorded
- Departmental cost center to JV the one-time and recurring recording fees to
Use the link to learn more about Zoom’s call recording tool, search and playback capabilities. Please watch the 1st and 2nd. video’s that will teach you the basics of call recording search and playback.