Auto Attendant – (Phone Trees)
Auto attendant applications allow callers to reach a desired destination by responding to a series of prompts from a pre-recorded script. Auto attendants are most often used to augment or replace employee-assisted telephone transferring. OIT offers main menu and non-voice mail related recording service.
Applications are customized to a departments needs and may include:
- Callers listen to a menu and make a selection using their telephone key pad (press 1, press 2, etc.)
- Calls can be transferred internally or externally depending on business need or application.
- Customized scripts by time of day or day of week.
- Distinguish call transfer options for your caller for the business week or for weekend service.
*FY2017- 2018 Specialty Service rates currently excluded from the VOIP rate structure:
- Auto Attendant design and implementation fee – $1,000.
- No annual support fee at this time.
Auto attendant applications are customizable to fit your individual departmental needs. Be prepared to summarize your business application or what you are hoping to accomplish by using an Auto-Attendant script as well as the time-frame needed. Budget at least 30 days from final design and approval to implement and “go live” with your new application.
Call flows are a visual representation of the auto attendant design. OIT can assist you in crafting your call flows including on-hold announcements, over flow voice mail boxes, hours of operation etc. You will be asked to consider how you would like the application to route calls during normal business hours, after hours, during holidays and in emergency situations. Planning your call flows properly ensures that your customers are transferred to the appropriate phone numbers.
These are customizable to fit your needs and may include a main greeting, menu options, after hours & holiday greetings. Announcements are professionally recorded and applied to the auto attendant application. OIT can assist you with the wording based on your call flows. * Please note that recordings can take (7-10) business days to complete and are done once weekly.
Reporting (CUIC) – (Cisco Unified Intelligence Center)
Auto attendants offer historical peg count reports that can be accessed and generated using Cisco’s web based reporting tool CUIC. To Access the reporting tool use this link CUIC. OIT must provision access rights to users who run reports in CUIC.
To request, change, or delete select voice services, or to report Telecommunication service issues, please submit a request through either the DHTS or OIT service desks and include this information.
- Ten digit telephone number customers will call to reach your Auto Attendant
- Department requesting service
- Departmental contact name and telephone number
- Physical address where service is located
- Hours of operation including after-hours treatment, holidays and weekend hours
- Provide a written list of desired announcements including a main greeting, main menu selections, after-hours, holiday and any possible emergency announcements
- Telephone numbers that main menu options will transfer to
- Departmental cost center