What is Canva?
Canva is an online graphic design software package that allows you to quickly and easily design flyers and posters and more. The URL to access it is: https://www.canva.com
Step 1: Create an Account
You can create an account to access this system or sign in with an existing account (either Facebook or Google.)
Step 2: Set Custom Dimensions
Signs for DukeFlyer must be 1920 X 1080. In Canva, you have to set this BEFORE you start designing your slide. It CANNOT be changed after you design your slide.
1. Click the Create a design button in the upper left hand corner.
2. Click the Use custom dimensions button in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- Type 1920 in the first box, 1080 in the second box.
- Click Design!
Step 3: Name the File
- Click the Design Title at the top of the page.
- Type in a file name for your sign.
- Click Done.
NOTE: Canva autosaves your file regularly. You can also go to File > Save.
Step 4: Design Your Slide
- Search – Use Search to search for graphics and clip art. NOTE: Some are free, some are for fee.
- Layouts – Design templates.
- Elements – Grids, Frames, Lines, Shapes & more.
- Text – Headings, Subheadings, Body Text
- Backgrounds – Solid Color or Patterned Backgrounds. Again, some are free, some are for fee.
- Upload – Use your own photos or graphics!
Step 5: Download Your Slide
1. Click the Download button on the top right hand corner of your screen.
2. Select the file type. PNG or JPG will work.
3. Click Download.
4. Save to your computer.