Box Sync allows you to easily synchronize files and folders between your Box account, desktop, and mobile devices. Any changes made on the desktop will be automatically synced to your Box account. This is especially useful for files you wish to be able to access offline and/or update frequently. Box Sync supports both Windows and Mac operating systems.
There are several knowledgebase articles that document the process of downloading, installing, and configuring Box Sync. Keep in mind the following:
- You will need to supply your Shibboleth credentials on a regular basis for computers and mobile devices.
- You will need to set and enter a passcode on mobile devices.
Do use Box Sync:
- When you need to work offline
- When you need to work frequently on a large file
- To upload individual files from your desktop to your Box account
Do not use Box Sync
- To keep a copy of the entire contents of your Box account on your desktop
- To sync files to multiple computers
- To sync vast numbers of files; Box recommends 10,000 or fewer files
- To re-organize your folder structure. Do this from within your Box account.
- To sync folders to an external or network drive; Box Sync is most reliable when used on the local hard drive
KB0025922 – Box.com: Box Sync for Windows
KB0016557 – Box.com: Box Sync App from Windows Store
KB0025934 – Box.com: Box Sync for Mac
KB0016532 – Box.com: Box Sync for iPhone, iPad, iPod
KB0016534 – Box.com: Box Sync for Android