- Accessing a shared mailbox via Outlook on the Web ( OWA ) you have been granted ‘full access’ to
- Log into OWA
- On the top right, click your avatar to open a drop-down menu
- Click ‘Open another mailbox’
- Start typing in the shared mailbox you have access to. It should appear. You can click it when you see it.
If it does not appear, click ‘search directory’ and perform a Global Address search
- The mailbox will load. Note the web address bar will be in the format of: https://outlook.office.com/owa/SHARED_MAILBOX_NAME_HERE@duke.edu/?offline=disabled
if you received an error:
1) You may be trying to access the shared mailbox too soon after your access has been granted. Microsoft has hundreds of servers and you may be logged into one that has not received the updated permissions yet. Please allow 20 – 30 minutes for the information to pass through all the servers.
2) You have not been granted access. Contact your local IT support person/group to obtain the correct permissions.
If you need further assistance, contact your local IT support group/person
You can also contact your appropriate Service Desk:
University Users: OIT Service Desk – 919 684 2200
Duke Health Users: DHTS Service Desk – 919 684 2243