Setting up Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Windows 7/8/10
- Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Open Control Panel type ‘mail’ in the search box
- Click on the Mail (your version here) link
- If you do not see the link, be sure Outlook is installed
- Depending on your version of Windows, it may look different. The below version is Windows 10
- Click Add… a new Duke Office 365 account to your Outlook 2016
- Using multiple profiles for testing and various accounts is set and accessed here. Contact your local IT support personnel for assistance.
- In the new profile dialogue box, provide a name for this account. Click OK
- Enter your name, and credentials. Click Next.
- if your account can not automatically find the correct settings, click ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ on the bottom left. You will know when this occurs due to going to the next step, and returning to this screen. If prompted for a server address, enter, outlook.office365.com. Your username will remain your NetID@duke.edu
- Your system will now go out and look for your settings. Allow a few minutes for this to run through.
- You will get a ‘autodiscover‘ pop up dialogue. Verify the address and choose ‘Don’t ask me about this website again’ and click Allow
- If you do not select ‘Don’t ask me about this website again’ you will be prompted each time there is a server setting change
- You may get multiple pop ups depending on your Office 365 settings(multiple delegations, shared mailboxes, full access)
- You will get a new credential authentication pop up. Provide your NetID@duke.edu and NetID password. Check ‘Remember My Password’ if you do not want to provide your credentials each time you start Outlook
- Congratulations, your Outlook is now set up. Click Finish
- If this is the first time you are adding your Office 365 profile to this Outlook client, it will take some time on initial installation
If you need further assistance, contact your local IT support group/person
You can also contact your appropriate Service Desk:
University Users: OIT Service Desk – 919 684 2200
Duke Health Users: DHTS Service Desk – 919 684 2243