Office 365 is a shared service across the university and health system. Documentation for this service will cover the needs of both Duke Medicine and University customers.
If you plan to use your mobile device with your Office 365 calendar, please see KB0022753.
Directions for KitKat(4.4.4) can be found here
- Open the Android settings menu.
- Select Add account.
- Select Corporate. (This may appear with a different name, such as Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.)
- The Add an Exchange Account screen appears.
Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org for the Email address and your NetID password then select Next. (For example, for the NetID hiro, you would enter email@example.com.)
- The Account setup / Server settings screen appears.
- In the username field, enter your NetID@duke.edu. (For example, for the NetID hiro, you would enter firstname.lastname@example.org.) Important: Use your email@example.com even if this isn’t your Duke email address. Your Duke email address will still appear on outgoing mail. Do not use firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- In the password field, enter your NetID password.
- In the Server field, enter outlook.office365.com .
- Select Use SSL and Accept all SSL certificates.
- If it is not already specified, enter 443 in the Port field.
- Select Next.
A “Remote security administration” dialog appears. Select OK.
- An Account options screen appears.
- Leave these settings at their default values unless you know you need to change them. Press Next.
If you have questions about these settings, contact your local IT support or the OIT Service Desk.
If you are prompted to update your security settings, select OK.
You must activate the device administrator. Select Activate. Warning: If you have a Duke Health account, you may be prompted to encrypt your phone data. You can remove encryption when you remove the Duke account.
This device administrator role is required for remote wiping the device via OWA if the phone or tablet should be lost and unrecoverable
Select Next and you’re all set!
You can also contact your appropriate Service Desk:
University Users: OIT Service Desk – 919 684 2200
Duke Health Users: DHTS Service Desk – 919 684 2243