Office 365 is a shared service across the university and health system. Documentation for this service will cover the needs of both Duke Health and University customers.
If you plan to use your mobile device with your Office 365 calendar, please see KB0022753.
This guide was performed on a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus using Android version: 7.0 – Your phone may vary slightly.
- Select the default email icon on your device:
- In the selection menu, choose Corporate.
- Enter your NetID@duke.edu in the email address/username field. Do not enter your password at this time.
Click MANUAL SETUP at the bottom of the page.
- Adjust the following in the Exchange Server Settings page:
Domain\Username: Enter your NetID@duke.edu. Leave the \ as is. The result should be as shown in the image below, with your NetID.
Password: Enter your NetID password
Exchange server: Enter outlook.office365.com
- This will allow the phone to be remote wiped by you and/or Duke Office 365 admins in case the phone is lost or stolen via OWA.
- Select the options you would like and click NEXT.
- These are required for your Duke Office 365 account to be added for the mail app. This will allow you and Duke’s Office 365 admins to wipe the device remotely via OWA if lost or stolen.
Duke’s Office 365 admins will not monitor your mail without explicit permission from you or the respective Duke Health or Duke University ISO’s.
Click ACTIVATE when ready.
- Give your account a name(optional to change). Click DONE when complete.
- Your email account is now setup. Allow the app time to sync your selected options.
If you need further assistance, contact your local IT support group/person.
You can also contact your appropriate Service Desk:
University Users: OIT Service Desk – 919 684 2200
Duke Health Users: DHTS Service Desk – 919 684 2243