This article explains how to manually install Symantec Endpoint Protection (anti-virus and malware protection) on personally-owned Windows computers. If you have a Duke-owned machine, please contact your IT administrator for access to Symantec for Duke-supported computers.
Step 1: Uninstall Existing Anti-virus/Malware Software
Step 2: Download the Software
- Go to the Symantec Endpoint Protection page at the OIT Software Licensing site
- Click the “Get Software” button at the bottom of the page.
- In the drop-down menu next to “Platform” select “Windows”.
- Click the “Get Software” button at the bottom.
- Now select the link for 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on your needs. If you are unsure which version your system requires, please see this Knowledge Base article for help: https://duke.service-now.com/nav_to.do?uri=kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0015418.
- After selecting the link, the download of the Symantec Endpoint Protection installer will begin. (If your browser asks whether you want to run the file or save it, please select save.)
Step 3: Install the Software
- In your Downloads folder (or the location you saved the download to), locate and double-click the file you downloaded.
- In the “Extract to:” window that pops up, change the path for the extracted files if necessary, then select “OK”.
- The installer should run automatically after extracting. If it does not, go to the path from the “Extract to:” window in the previous step and double-click the Setup.exe file.
- If you receive the Windows UAC Dialog, select “Yes” to allow the installer to make changes to your computer.
- In the Symantec installer “Welcome” dialog, click “Next” to proceed.
- In the “License Agreement” window, select “I accept …” and click “Next” to proceed.
- In the “Client Type” window, select “Unmanaged client” and click “Next” to proceed.
- In the “Setup Type” window, select the “Typical” option to install the full Symantec Endpoint Protection client and click “Next” to proceed.
(If you do not wish to install the entire SEP client, select “Custom” and “Next”, then “Standard-size Client” and “Next”, then select the options you want to install. We would recommend installing all of the default options, with the possible exception of the Outlook, Notes, and POP3/SMTP Scanners and the Firewall (under Network Threat Protection).)
- In the “File Reputation Data Submission” window, choose if you’d like to provide Symantec with anonymous file reputation data. This selection is optional, but we have no issues with users submitting this data to Symantec to improve the product.
- In the “Ready to Install the Program” window, choose if you’d like to provide Symantec with anonymous installation data. Again, this selection is optional, but we have no issues with users submitting this data to Symantec to improve the product.
- Click “Install” to install the software. This may take a few minutes to complete as the software downloads new virus definitions and other files from Symantec.
- When the installer has completed, click the “Finish” button to close the installer.
Step 4: Restart the Computer
The Symantec Endpoint Protection installation requires a restart before your computer can be fully protected. Please restart your computer as soon as possible after completing the installation.