The Duke template includes generic images that will work for most events but changing the header image and even some of the text elements does help differentiate your event from others. Here are some things you can do to modify the user experience.
Change the header image
- Click the Admin button at the top of the page.
- Click the Libraries link where you should be at the Media folder.
- Search for your group’s folder and if one does not exist, use the Add Folder button to create one (each department should use only one folder for all media images). The folder name should be in UPPER case and obviously associated with your department. Be aware the new folder is created but may not be visible unless you scroll to the bottom of the page. NOTE: if your department folder is not present and you do not have the option to create a new folder, contact email@example.com.
- Go into your folder and upload any images you wish to use for your event include header images. IMPORTANT: each item uploaded should start with the name of your department folder followed by the file name (ex. DEPARTMENT_filename).
- Navigate back to your event which may be available under Recent Items.
- Go to Website & Registration -> Website -> Event Website.
- Click the Layout tab and then the Header region.
- In the Image field, click the “…” menu and locate your folder, then image, and click Insert.
- Your custom header should now be visible when you click the Preview option.
There are many other things you can modify about your event but be aware that the Duke template was generated with advanced CSS code. It is possible to modify your theme settings so that you can use “Basic” options to modify colors. However, if you do this you may affect how your event website appears on a mobile device. You can also modify the CSS code if you are comfortable with web design. If you are not, you may want to leave the template as it is.