Microsoft Teams is your online chat-based hub for teamwork integrated with your Duke Office 365 email account. It is an app that helps you and your team have real-time conversations using chat instead of email, securely share and collaborate on files, and plan meetings through video chat with others at Duke online. Teams has native use of your Duke Office 365 account including: Email and Calendar, OneDrive, OneNote, and Planner. Additionally, there is integration with Office Online apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The web client is a full, functional client that can be used from a variety of browsers. You will also find Microsoft Teams available on most desktop and mobile platforms through the appropriate App Store.
- From an internet browser, go to mail.duke.edu
- Sign in to your Duke Office 365 account using your NetID and NetID account password.
- Click on the app launcher icon in the upper-left corner of the window.
- Click All Apps.
- Click Teams if listed.
- If Teams is not listed, Click All apps.
- Enter Teams into the “Search all of your apps” text box.
- Click Teams. Note: Teams is not currently compatible with Safari, Safari users will automatically be prompted to download the Teams app.
- You will now be redirected to https://teams.microsoft.com/ and signed into the web app.
To learn how to use Microsoft Teams visit Lynda for Microsoft Teams online training. If you need more help installing or working with Microsoft teams, visit Microsoft Teams Support.
If you need further assistance, please contact your appropriate Service Desk:
Duke University Users: OIT Service Desk: 919 684 2200
Duke Health Users: DHTS Service Desk: 919 684 2243