The below will show you where you can view/set your signature in OWA. As OWA is a web based system that Microsoft services, it may change. This information is accurate as of February 23, 2015.
Please use the feedback form below if you notice any changes.
- Log into OWA by going to mail.duke.edu and log-in as needed
- Click the cogwheel on the top right then click on ‘Options’
- Click on mail to bring down the menu(if needed to) then click on ‘Email signature’
- Create your signature and click SAVE when done.
Things to note when creating your signature:
- Use the KISS method: Keep It Simple …..
- Spam filters for organizations will go through your signature – if there are too many links, image sources, addresses, phone numbers..etc – it may score you as spam and filter you.
- If you receive information from someone and/or organization, send a test without your signature to see if it is the cause.
- If you have concerns regarding PHI or SEI in your signature, contact your organizations ITSO at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
- OWA Light will only allow you to use a plain text signature.
If you need further assistance, contact your local IT support group/person
You can also contact your appropriate Service Desk:
University Users: OIT Service Desk – 919 684 2200
Duke Medicine Users: DHTS Service Desk – 919 684 2243