Office 365 is a shared service across the university and health system. Documentation for this service will cover the needs of both Duke Health and University customers.
Note: This setup was performed on a Galaxy Note 4 running Android version 4.4.4 (KitKat). Users have also confirmed that this method is better than the other KB for adding to newer Android devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S7.
Setup instructions may vary on different Android versions and devices.
These steps will also function for Lollipop(6.x.x)
- Click the default mail icon on the Android device and choose Corporate
Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org for the Email address and your NetID password then select Next. (For example, for the NetID sh285, you would enter email@example.com.)
- You will receive an error, ‘Unable to set up account’, Click OK
- Enter the correct information for the server settings page as noted below. Click Next
- You will be presented with a dialog box titled, ‘Remote security administration’ asking you to give outlook.office365.com to remotely control some features on your device. Don’t panic. This will allow administrators and yourself to wipe the device in the event the device is lost or stolen through Office 365 portal. Click OK. If you choose to not allow this remote administration, you will be unable to use the mail app on your phone and will need to use the web based version(OWA)
- The ‘Account options’ screen will appear. These settings are optional. It is best to leave them at their default settings if you are not sure of what they will do. Your local IT support person/group can assist with any questions. Click Next.
- You will be presented with a new dialog screen showing you the phone administrator options the Office 365 service will have remote access to. As stated before, Don’t panic. This is in case the device is lost or stolen and can be remotely wiped by you or administrators. Click Activate. If you choose to not allow this remote administration, you will be unable to use the mail app on your phone and will need to use the web based version(OWA). Note: The screenshot below does not show all of the operations, scroll down on your device to see more.
- Choose a name for the account on your device and click Next.
- The account setup is done. Click ‘Done with Accounts’ on the bottom of the dialog box.
- Your emails should now load up and populate.
If you need further assistance, contact your local IT support person or the appropriate service desk
University users: 919 684 2200
Duke Medicine: 919 684 2243.