How to archive email in Outlook 2016/2013 for Windows and make it easily available in the program.
The screenshots below are from 2013
- Click File in Outlook
- Click Cleanup tools then Archive
- Choose the folder you want archived – choose the date – choose your file location
- The archive file, .pst, is accessible in the saved location.
- All of the email messages you chose to archive are not available anymore in the main .pst file. The archived .pst file should become available automatically in Outlook. However, if it doesn’t, click the “File” tab
- Click File on the top left –> click ‘open and export’
- Click ‘Open Outlook Data File’
- Navigate to your saved .pst file and click OK
Your emails will appear under an ‘archive’ structure in Outlook.
If you need further assistance, contact your local IT support group/person
You can also contact your appropriate Service Desk:
University Users: OIT Service Desk – 919 684 2200
Duke Medicine Users: DHTS Service Desk – 919 684 2243