Office 365 is a shared service across the university and health system. Documentation for this service will cover the needs of both Duke Health and University customers.
1. From control panel, select Mail.
2. Create a new profile. Use a descriptive name like “Duke Exchange” or “Duke Office 365”.
3. You will now be prompted with the following screen. Enter your name, preferred email address, and NetID password as seen and select Next.
4. An autodiscover prompt will now appear. Select Allow.
5. You may now be prompted with the following screen. If so, select Yes. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
6. You’ll now see the following. Select Finish.
7. You may now open Outlook. You’ll be prompted for username and password. Enter your email@example.com as the username and NetID password in the password field. (Ex. for NetID duketester, the username field would read firstname.lastname@example.org). Select “Remember my credentials” if you don’t wish to be prompted for them every time your profile is accessed.
8. Your Outlook software should now open and begin to download a local copy of your mailbox. Depending on the size of your mailbox and connection speed, this may take some time. Once your mailbox has downloaded, you’re all set!
If you need further assistance, contact your local IT support group/person
You can also contact your appropriate Service Desk:
University Users: OIT Service Desk – 919 684 2200
Duke Health Users: DHTS Service Desk – 919 684 2243