This software may only be installed and used by Duke faculty and staff on Duke-owned computers on campus. Personal licenses are not available through OIT. Contact the Duke Technology Center for discounted licensing. Server licenses and CALs are included in the agreement and approved Duke employees may install and run unlimited copies of licensed products (listed in the section below). The server site license is not an upgrade/downgrade license and the computers do not require an OEM license prior to the installation of the OS.
RDS Device CALs are included in the Microsoft Campus Agreement for faculty and staff.
Windows Server & Microsoft Servers (exchange, sharepoint, SQL, etc) are only distributed to Duke IT staff or faculty/staff with IT Department approval.
The Microsoft campus agreement (MCA) is jointly funded by OIT and DHTS and the software is distributed at no cost to the Duke community.
Duke does not have a support agreement with Microsoft. No professional support is available under the campus agreement.
- For product activation issues, visit the Windows Activation FAQ site. Windows Server 2008 uses the same KMS/MAK activation procedures as volume-licensed versions of Windows and Office. Setup keys for some servers are provided if required for installation.
- The OIT Service Desk does not provide any support for server products, however, they may be able to direct support inqurires to the appropriate departments within OIT. They can help with KMS activation issues.
- There are extensive web support resources available for Microsoft products. Visit support.microsoft.com or google the product issue you are having and you are likely to find a resolution
- Patches, service packs, and updates are generally automatically downloaded and installed using Microsoft/Windows updates.
Current version and downgrade rights for
- Windows Server Standard
- Windows Server Enterprise
- Windows Server Datacenter
- Windows Web Server
- Windows HPC Server
- Exchange Server Standard
- Exchange Server Enterprise
- SharePoint Server Standard
- SharePoint Server Enterprise
- Office SharePoint for Internet Sites
- SQL Server Enterprise
- SQL Server Standard
- SQL Server Datacenter (2008 only)
- SQL Server Business Intelligence (2012 only)
- SQL Server Standard
- SQL Server Developer
- SQL Server Web
- SQL Server Small Business (2008 only)
- SQL Server Workgroup (2008 only)
- System Center **Transitioned from System Center Configruation Manager Server Site License
- Operations Manager Server
- Configuration Manager Server
- Data Protection Manager Server
- Service Manager Server
- Virtual Machine Manager Server
- Endpoint Protection Server
- Orchestrator Server
- App Controller Server
- SQL Server Standard 2008 R2
- eCAL Suite
- Windows Server CAL
- Active Directory Rights Management Services
- Exchange Server Standard CAL
- Exchange Server Enterprise CAL
- SharePoint Server Standard CAL
- SharePoint Server Enterprise CAL
- Lync Server Standard CAL
- Lync Server Enterprise CAL
- System Center SML & CML
- Forefront Protection Suite CAL
- Forefront Endpoint Protection CAL
- Microsoft Forefront Protection for Exchange Server
- Microsoft Forefront Protection for SharePoint
- Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange
- Forefront Threat Management Gateway Web Protection Service
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway CAL