Outlook not accepting password entered in popup dialog box
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Click the start icon to pull up a search box
- Type in ‘credential manager‘ and click the link when it appears
- The stored credentials for Outlook will be under the heading: MS.Outlook.???????.
- There are 2 options as listed below to update the password
- OPTION 1 – click edit, update the password, and click SAVE.
- OPTION 2 – click Remove from vault and let Windows create a new entry when Outlook is started
Contact your local IT support person/group as access to the credential manager may require escalated privileges on department managed devices
- Duke Medicine users can contact the DHTS Service Desk at 919 684 2243
- Duke University users can contact the OIT Service Desk at 919 684 2200 or oit.duke.edu/help